Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fondant Fun?

Warning if you are going looking for a recipe or tips on how to make this stuff, you may want to push the back button and keep on searching. Why do I recommend this? Trust me. Tonight I decided to make fondant. This was due mostly in part to Ace of Cakes on the Food Channel. Every time I watch this show I get inspired to create something great...at least try to make it great. After remembering how to spell fondant, I googled a recipe and came across one from All recipes. It actually worked out quite well, but it kind of tastes like sugar cookie dough. I really have no idea what fondant tastes like, but i think it should have a lighter taste. Anyways, like the artists on Ace of Cakes, I needed a reason to make a cake. Well just so happens that this weekend is our 2nd annual Pisces Party. Why? Well out of our friends, there is about 6 or more of us that are Pisces. So...fitting that we have a big party. So my cake design is a Pisces sign. I found one online, printed it, and used it as a template. Since this cake is a test to see if i actually want to make a larger version, I just bought a boxed cake: Funfetti. Here are some pictures to show the process. Mixing the fondant Almost ready Funfetti cake baked the night before Cake cut to shape using Pices template Frosting onto template to allow fondant to stick properly Fondant on cake ready for design
Cake is all ready for color

No comments: