Sunday, December 14, 2008

Racquetball

So I just started playing racquetball with my friends on Wednesdays and now Sundays. Its a lot fun. We aren't too competitive and don't really talk a lot when we play, but it is fun to get together. Its also nice that D rock and Aaron have kegerators, so afterward we can go to either one of their places to get a night cap(which I'm sure defeats the purpose of the exercise. Also, something me and D rock did in college. We would play tennis then get free pizza at our favorite bar and then do some drinking.) One problem, I'm not that good. It seems that for some reason, I am terrified of things flying at me. Yes, I know, I am a wuss. I have always had this problem. I suck at baseball. When I was younger, my coaches put me in the outfield. And when the opportunity came for me to catch a ball, yep I would drop it or it would roll on by. Or when someone puts their hand toward my face I usually flinch or my eyes blink multiple times. (Foodnsuch can attest to this.) But on my way home, I did think of some possible solutions to get better 1) Break dancing. I think if i could learn this it would benefit me two ways. I could be cool at bars or dance parties and two, I would be quick on my feet to get the seemingly impossible balls that I can't ever get to in time. 2) Grow some balls. I just need to face it that I am afraid of the ball and train myself not too blink and face the music of a ball zooming past my head. Really, this would benefit my life as a whole. 3) Jumping. My ups suck....they always have. Well except when I got the presidential physical fitness award in high school. I just need to start jumping everywhere I go... I'll just incorporate it into my walk. If you see a man jumping everywhere he goes, you'll know who it is.

No comments: