Friday, December 5, 2008

Daily Encounters

So after picking up my girlfriend to get dinner from our favorite restaurant in Ohio City, we got stuck in minor traffic. Really i just had to wait for traffic to clear so I could make a right hand turn. Well, as many could attest I am an impatient driver, I began to call the people in those cars while i had to wait f-wads. The other day, my girlfriend told me that I'm a nice person except when I'm behind the wheel. I would have to agree with her. When someone is going way too slow, is completely lost and needs to ask for directions, or is drifting into my lane because they are spaced out on their phone, I get really annoyed. I feel that when we are all out there on the roads that we are all the same. At one time, all of us started out in the same place. This is the only way that i can justify yelling at old people and people my parents age. I feel that we are all equal out there. It really surprises me how overly cautious people are. Its like their initial fear from driving at 16 hasn't changed. Then there's the people that forget that they have even gotten on the road. Today on my way to Cleveland, a guy was in the fast lane reading his newspaper with his light on. In the mornings, women like to put makeup on. I guess they like taking chances on poking their eye out instead of getting up early enough to put their face on. So at the end of the day am I really mad at these people, no, I just try to stay away from them the next day.

No comments: