Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Empty Space: 2

Well I had a special place for the first installment for 'A City Reborn', but the gate was closed and had a lock on it. I guess I'll just have to contact Buzz to get me some exclusive photos. So onto my second place. This empty void filled with overgrown invasive species is located at the alley behind W. 9th Street bars including: Anatomy, Map Room, and the Water Street Grille. It is also near The Pinnacle.
                                                     
                                                  Here is a photo that shows the General location.
Another thing that I have been thinking about is the perception that Cleveland is a scary place. I actually almost believe this. I don't want to, but think about it. I thought about how I would like to ride my bike more.  Imagine the commute from W.6th's Dive Bar to Bar Cento in Ohio City. You don't want to, at least I don't. Both are great places, but the commute between the two, while possible, is full of stereotypes.
So cleaning up this space, along with its connectors is also crucial. Take this picture for instance.
                                                        
                                    This is the alley, or as my girlfriend calls it 'Scary Alley'. 
                                               This is the short cut to W.9th from W.6th. 
    
Here are some pictures into the space. It looks like a building was once here, torn down and forgotten.

No comments: